Plan's goal: children will take part in decisions that affect their lives
Plan’s Child Centered Community Development approach helps millions of children learn about their rights and take an active role in their communities’ development. We work with children, their families and communities to identify problems and implement solutions.
Plan works to strengthen the capacity of children and youths to demand and realize their rights in homes, communities, at school and from the State.
From helping children to speak out on domestic violence to supporting youth delegates at international AIDS conferences, Plan helps children engage in citizenship, express their views and influence decision-makers. To ensure the participation of all children, we also deliver targeted programs that reach the most marginalized and vulnerable groups.
Child and Youth Media
Plan operates close to 60 child media programs in over 30 countries to help children speak out and promote their rights.
Producing their own media — such as radio, music and video — is often revolutionary for many children, providing them with the chance to gain self-confidence, make their voice heard and communicate with each other.
- Learn more about the value of child and youth media programs
How Does Your Support Help?
Plan believes that all children and youth have the right to take part in decisions affecting their own lives. With your support we can:
- Help millions of children learn about their rights and take an active role in their communities’ development;
- Encourage children and youth to speak out about issues that affect them, including domestic violence, sexual health, education and more;
- Deliver programs that reach the most marginalized and vulnerable groups;
- Support the creation of child participation groups that help young people engage in citizenship, express their views and influence decision-makers;
- Deliver child media programs to help children speak out and promote their rights.
Celebrate the Power of Youth!
Celebrating 45 Years of Friendship
You(th) Can Change the World
Planís Youth in Governance Program in Sierra Leone
Plan's New Program Enables Jakartan Street Children to Obtain Birth Certificates