Ensuring an Education and a Future
Plan International is working around the world to ensure the basic human right of access to quality education is met for boys and girls.
Education is vital to achieving economic growth, increasing income, and sustaining a healthy society. Yet, many children go without it. 126 million children remain out of primary and lower secondary school around the world. Of these, 65 million are girls.
As one of its primary program areas, Plan is working to ensure all children have access to a quality education by providing training for teachers and community members, ensuring early childhood care and development, establishing school building projects, and much more. Plan has invested more than $180 million into primary education over the last five years.
See how just a few of Plan’s programs are affecting children around the world:
- Children in Uganda take Charge to Change Schools for the Better
- Plan International Works With Pakistani Community to Bring Toilets to School
- Giving Girls a Voice in Ecuador
- Plan International Supports Right to Play in Ethiopia
- Five Reasons Early Childhood Care and Development is Important
- Rwandan Classrooms to Benefit From iPods
- Street Children Given New Hope Thanks to Plan-Supported Drop-in Center
We can’t do it without your help. Help give children and adults a chance to learn.