Plan's goal: providing the tools, training, and resources for communities to raise healthy children
Plan's child-centered and community-based health programs help save thousands of girls' and boys' lives every year. With community-level initiatives that include immunization, child nutrition and hygiene promotion, Plan's programs are designed to strengthen community-based health systems.
Particular emphasis is given to the five main causes of death among children under the age of five: malaria, diarrhea, acute respiratory diseases, malnutrition and measles.
Plan uses a holistic, integrated approach to improving child health:
- Improving the health of children under five
- School-based health and nutrition programs
- Early childhood care and development work
- Reproductive health and family planning
- Sexual health, including HIV
- Preventing and controlling infectious diseases
How does your support help?
By supporting our health programs, you are helping improve the health and survival of pregnant women and at-risk children in the neediest of countries through high quality, low-cost and sustainable health measures:
- Childhood immunizations against the six deadliest childhood diseases: measles, tuberculosis, polio, tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis;
- Qualified health care for the mother before, during and after childbirth, as well as needed health education, and training for traditional, local midwives;
- Emergency and supplemental feeding for malnourished children, and regular checkups to monitor growth;
- Clinical management of childhood illnesses, such as diarrhea, pneumonia and malaria;
- HIV/AIDS prevention, and much more.
Help Improve the Health and Survival of Children
Nutrition Skills Help Cambodian Families Weave a Healthier Future
A Healthy Start
Advocating for Family Planning in Uganda
Assuring Health Care in Guinea
Plan Wins Roll Back Malaria Award for Its Work in West Africa