Help communities build a better future
We know that to help a child in a lasting way, we must also help his or her family as well as the local community to become self-sufficient. As a child sponsor with Plan, your support is used for programs that benefit the children, their families and communities.
Plan does not make individual donations directly to the children or families. You can be assured that your sponsorship dollars are spent in the most cost-efficient way. To read more about our accountability to our donors, see our Financial Information page.
Your contributions can help:
- Build schools, train teachers and provide textbooks to make sure children learn practical skills, which will benefit everyone;
- Drill boreholes for clean water so children don’t die or get sick needlessly;
- Help the community build medical centers and latrines and train community health workers;
- Train each parent about the importance of hygiene and immunization to give children a healthy start in life and protect them from disease;
- Help local people gain access to cooperative village banks where they can save securely for the future or borrow small loans at affordable prices.
Right now there are thousands of hopeful children waiting for a sponsor like you. Child sponsorship supports long-term community development projects that benefit children, their families and communities. Sponsor a child today!