Plan's goal: providing the tools, training, and resources for communities to raise healthy children
Plan's child-centered and community-based health programs help save thousands of girls' and boys' lives every year. With community-level initiatives that include immunization, child nutrition and hygiene promotion, Plan's programs are designed to strengthen community-based health systems.
Particular emphasis is given to the five main causes of death among children under the age of five: malaria, diarrhea, acute respiratory diseases, malnutrition and measles.
Plan uses a holistic, integrated approach to improving child health:
- Improving the health of children under five
- School-based health and nutrition programs
- Early childhood care and development work
- Reproductive health and family planning
- Sexual health, including HIV
- Preventing and controlling infectious diseases
How does your support help?
By supporting our health programs, you are helping improve the health and survival of pregnant women and at-risk children in the neediest of countries through high quality, low-cost and sustainable health measures:
- Childhood immunizations against the six deadliest childhood diseases: measles, tuberculosis, polio, tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis;
- Qualified health care for the mother before, during and after childbirth, as well as needed health education, and training for traditional, local midwives;
- Emergency and supplemental feeding for malnourished children, and regular checkups to monitor growth;
- Clinical management of childhood illnesses, such as diarrhea, pneumonia and malaria;
- HIV/AIDS prevention, and much more.
Help Improve the Health and Survival of Children
Brothers Survival Gives Hope in Fight Against Ebola
Overcoming Social Barriers with Family Planning in Benin
After Typhoon, Women–Friendly Spaces Provide Haven for Support and Growth
Engaging Men: The Journey Towards Gender Transformation
Meeting Without Touching: The New Vogue of Ebola Greetings