Plan International USA has been granted a three-year Child-Centered Recovery and Resilience (C2R2) project in Asia with funding from the Margaret A. Cargill Foundation.
The Child-Centered Recovery and Resilience project focuses on the transition from disaster response and recovery into resiliency-building, and includes three results:
- An Emergency Response Fund for the region of $1 million over three years, focusing on filling critical gaps in disaster response and recovery.
- Country-specific programs in Bangladesh and the Philippines on safe schools, linking recovery to resilience and long-term development.
- A Disaster Risk Management learning component that captures lessons learned and best practices in community-level resilience. This Result will be implemented in partnership with the Asian Disaster Preparedness Centre (ADPC), a Bangkok-based research and training institute, and will be integrated with Results One and Two to assure a strong monitoring, evaluation, and learning component of the overall project activities.
- Margaret A. Cargill Foundation
- Project Start Date
- October 2014
- Project End Date
- September 2017
- Technical Areas Covered
- Safe Schools and Child-Centered Resilience