As a woman working in development, investing in professional growth may feel like a luxury when the pressing needs of family, organization, and community are calling. Plan International USA’s Women’s Leadership Institute (WLI) offers a unique opportunity for workshop participants to reflect on leadership strengths, while sharing best practices in development and harnessing the support of other women leaders from their region.
The workshop is specifically designed to foster awareness of personal leadership styles and skills—both existing and desired; provide new leadership tools, knowledge, and skills to promote strong institutional systems, management practices, and programs; and engender greater self-confidence and clarity of professional goals and personal aspirations.
*PLEASE NOTE: Registration for this workshop is now closed. Partipicants will be notified of their acceptance on a rolling basis.
To sponsor a scholarship, please visit: https://www.planusa.org/make-a-donation and select "The WomenLead Institute" from the drop-down menu.
Topics covered will include:
- Personal and professional leadership skills
- Learning style preferences and how these relate to leadership, teamwork, and communication
- Emotional intelligence and how it applies to leadership within an organization
- Principles of ethical leadership
- Confidence-building habits
- Effective negotiation techniques
- Skills and approaches of a situational leader at work
- Techniques for improved public speaking and media interviews
Plan’s dynamic, supportive environment provides a place for women to learn, practice new skills, and receive immediate feedback from peers and facilitators. The WLI team of experienced and globally recognized trainers/facilitators create an encouraging, safe, and participatory learning environment for the exchange of best practices and experience, strategy development, and skill building.
Participants will leave reenergized and inspired to return to work with new skills and a newfound confidence in their ability to effect change.