About the NYC Leadership Council
The NYC Leadership Council is a volunteer group of New York City women leaders who passionately believe in the mission of Plan International USA, and who know that the potential of girls in developing countries is far greater than the poverty they are born into.
We are creative successful women of all ages and all backgrounds. Some of us are still engaged in businesses, and some of us are retired. Collectively, we have this in common: we care deeply about gender equality for all girls, regardless of where in the world they live and what their circumstances may be. We believe it is their inalienable right—just as it is ours—to be free human beings. We believe they too have the right to be safe in mind and body, and to thrive, keep learning, keep on growing, and find fulfillment and happiness.
We have dedicated ourselves to raising awareness and funds to help end sex trafficking in Nepal and changing the circumstances for girls in El Salvador. These projects are significant. They are life-saving and game-changing. And we can't do it without your help.
We invite you to join us in raising funds to support girls around the world. By mobilizing our networks, influencing decision makers, and sharing our passion for girls’ rights, we can unleash the power of girls to change the future. Join us!
- In celebration of International Women's Day and Women's History Month, the New York City Leadership Council is holding an online fundraising auction to support The Graduation Project, a Plan International USA program building two dormitories for 300 high school girls in Zimbabwe. Bidding is open March 8 - 31!
- Celebrating International Day of the Girl: On Thursday, October 29, the New York City Leadership Council celebrated International Day of the Girl with a virtual fundraising event to support girls and women, who are most vulnerable during the COVID-19 pandemic. This event included response updates, videos from the field and a live panel discussion with special guest speakers.
- Songs of Hope for Girls: On Thursday, June 25th, the New York City Leadership Council hosted a virtual fundraising event to support girls and women around the world who are most vulnerable during the COVID-19 pandemic. This event included response updates, including videos from the field, and exciting musical performances from friends of the Council.
- Salons: We host small gatherings in private homes with Plan International USA’s program experts to spark discussion and inspire learning. Upcoming salons will be held in New York City this August and September. If you'd like to attend, contact us!
- Corporate women’s groups and affinity groups: We partner with women’s groups to increase awareness and expand the network of advocates for girls’ rights.
Are you interested in joining the Council or learning more about our fundraising projects? Contact us.