As a Youth Advisory Board (YAB) we strive to have representation that brings a diversity of perspectives.
Currently, the Youth Advisory Board has 11 members and only one of them is male. Due to the lack of male representation on our YAB, we are seeking male-identifying applicants who are passionate about international development, youth leadership, and advocacy to join our board.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2017.
Mission: We are a body of young people from the United States vocalizing the needs of the global youth population by serving as ambassadors to Plan International USA. We strive to create and nurture a network between youth and decision makers within and outside of Plan, in order to reinforce Plan’s mission of empowering and assisting young people worldwide.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Youth Advisory Board (YAB) adds value to Plan International USA by:
- Providing advice, input and feedback to Plan’s youth programs, the Youth and Economic Empowerment Team, the Executive Team, the Board of Directors, and other programs and initiatives as needed
- Supporting Plan’s campaign and advocacy efforts
- Engaging with external youth—and development—focused organizations in the US and internationally, within and outside of the Plan Federation
- Be a young person living in the US, aged 15–20
- Be proficient in English
- Be interested in global issues and helping Plan deliver the best programs possible
- Have regular access to a computer and the internet
- Love working as part of a diverse team
- Serve for a period of at least 2 years
- Flexibility to participate in calls during the evening and weekends to accommodate a variety of time zones
- Can commit to monthly calls, subcommittee work, and attendance at bi-annual retreats in Rhode Island and Washington, D.C.