Plan International USA’s Youth Advisory Board (YAB) is a group of young people from every corner of the U.S. who serve as ambassadors to Plan. We strive to connect youth with Plan’s global mission to unleash the power of girls and children. By expanding the network of young activists in the U.S. who support Plan’s work, designing youth advocacy programs and working alongside our leadership, we are committed to advancing diverse perspectives in the development community.
Want to join this group of passionate young leaders to advance the work of Plan both here in the U.S. and abroad? We’re currently accepting applications to join the Youth Advisory Board, and we can’t wait to see what amazing work you’ll do.
Mission: We are a body of young people from the United States vocalizing the needs of the global youth population by serving as ambassadors to Plan International USA. We strive to create and nurture a network between youth and decision makers within and outside of Plan, in order to reinforce Plan’s mission of partnering with young people worldwide.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Youth Advisory Board adds value to Plan International USA by:
- Designing and overseeing Plan’s domestic youth programs and contributing to strategic initiatives.
Supporting the design and execution of Plan’s campaign and advocacy efforts to ensure youth voices are represented and valued.
Engaging with external youth movements and development-focused organizations in the U.S. and internationally.
Be a young person living in the U.S., aged 14–20.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be interested in gender equality, global issues and helping Plan deliver the best programs possible.
- Have regular access to a computer and the internet.
- Love working as part of a diverse team.
- Serve for a period of at least two years.
- Flexibility to participate in virtual calls in the evenings and on weekends to accommodate a variety of time zones.
- Can commit to monthly calls, monthly subcommittee work and mandatory attendance at bi-annual retreats in Rhode Island and Washington, DC.
The YAB application has closed for 2021 on December 15, 2020. Please keep an eye out for the 2022 application in November 2021.